August 22, 2018
ANNOUNCEMENT: Tourism Authority of Thailand, Toronto Employment Opportunity for Secretary
Tourism Authority of Thailand, Toronto
Employment Opportunity for Secretary
The Tourism Authority of Thailand is seeking a Secretary to provide support to their downtown Toronto office.
Job Title: Secretary
Job Status: Full-time
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST (after hours if urgent work is required)
Salary: CAD $3,600 per month with incremental salary based on experience and yearly increase
Location: 130 King Street West, Suite 620, Toronto, ON
Provide full administrative support to staff, including Director and Deputy Director within the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide support to Director and Deputy Director as required
· Provide high level of administrative support to office staff
· Ensure accuracy in preparing and completing all important and confidential governmental documents in a professional manner
· Develop, translate and edit important documents in both English and Thai as required (memos, letters, etc.)
· Provide event and marketing support as needed (may include weekend work)
· Manage day-to-day office activities, such as acting as the main receptionist, handling office mail, and answering the main telephone line and e-mails
· Other duties as assigned by Director and Deputy Director
· MUST be fluent in reading and writing in both English and Thai. Advanced level required for this position.
· Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or have all necessary approvals to live and work in Canada
· Previous experience with administrative duties and/or marketing and tourism preferred
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in both English and Thai
· Completed a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in Business, Marketing, Tourism or Hospitality)
· Proficiency in various office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· Ability to work outside of office hours as required and travel when needed
· Excellent organization and time management skills
· Team player and maintains a positive attitude
· Ability to speak French is not required, but considered an asset
To Apply: Please provide a resume and cover letter to and stating why you would like to work for the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
The deadline to submit your application is September 15, 2018.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview and attend a written assessment at the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Toronto Office.