This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes :
- To travel in transit through the Kingdom in order to proceed to the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country (category "TS")
- To participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.) (category "S") ***
*** Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than one month , Non-Immigrant Visa category "O" can be issued.
- The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category "C")
Note: Applicant is not permitted to engage in any occupation or employment.
2. Documents Required
Passport, travel document or certificate of identity with validity not less than 6 months (Damaged, invalid or altered passports will not be accepted).
- Visa application form completely filled out with applicant's signature
- Recent( 2"x2") photograph of the applicant (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat or from vending machine will not be accepted)
- A copy of round-trip ticket or itinerary
- Visa of a third country in a passport, travel document or certificate of identity
- Letter of invitation stating the application's participation in sports activities in the Kingdom
3. Validity of Visa
The validity of a visa is three months (single entry)
4. Period of Stay
Travellers coming to Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period not exceeding 30 days.
5. Extension of Stay
Those who wish to extend their visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210,
Tel 0-2141-9889 (Please visit their website). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer
6. Transit Visa Fee
CAD 45.00 (single entry)
Note: The Embassy does not issue multiple entries for Transit Visas.
How to make visa fee payments:
- If application is submitted by mail or in person, please pay by money order only payable to Royal Thai Embassy. Personal cheques, company cheques, debit cards and credit cards are not accepted.
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason.