Non-Immigrant Visa, O-X 10 Years Long Stay
(10-Year Long Stay Visa)
Purpose of Visit
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 10 years without the intention of working.
Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 5 years each time (total 10 years). Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Applicant must be aged 50 years or over (on the day of submitting application)
- Applicants must be nationals and passport holders of eligible countries, namely; Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada and the United States of America.
- Applicant must have a bank deposit of no less than 3 million baht (approximately $120,000 CAD) in Thailand or a bank deposit of no less than 1.8 million baht (approximately $72,000 CAD) and annual income of no less than 1.2 million baht (approximately $48,000 CAD). Such amount must be maintained in bank deposit in full for at least one year, and no less than 1.5 million baht (approximately $60,000 CAD) thereafter.
- Applicant must have Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht (approximately $1,600 CAD) and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht (approximately $16,000 CAD).
- Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
- Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality and residence.
- Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
Validity of a visa
multiple entries, with validity of visa of 5 years
Period of stay
Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of 5 years each time (total 10 years)
Apply for Non-Immigration Visa Category "O-X"
(Required 3 sets: 1 original and 2 copies)
- Your Passport (Passport must not expire within 6 months and must contain at least ONE completely empty visa page)
- Visa application form completely filled out (download) (With three passport-size photographs (2"x2") (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted). Photographs must have a light color background with a fullface view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses. Photos must be taken within 6 months.)
- Additional Application form (download)
- A copy of bank statement (from Thailand financial institutions only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information, showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 3 million baht. Please note that such minimum amount must be maintained at least 1 year after receiving the visa or A copy of bank statement (from financial institutions located in Thailand only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 1.8 million baht and proof of annual income of no less than 1.2 million baht.
- A letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and issued from relevant Canadian authorities only)
- A medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) certificate shall be valid for not more than three months (download)
- Health insurance plan as listed on website http://longstay.tgia.org. Coverage requirements for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht.
- Visa processing Fee of $400CAD
- In case of accompanying spouse, a marriage certificate must be provided as evidence including items number 1-8
- In case of accompanying legal child/adopted child (who are under 20 years old), a birth certificate/ adoption order must be provided as evidence including items number 1-3, 7 and 8
In the case where spouse and legal child/adopted child are not eligible to apply for the Category ‘O-X’ (Long Stay) visa, he or she would apply for Category ‘O’ or “O-A”(Long stay) or “ED” (for child) visa.
Visa Processing Fees:-
$450 CAD per application. Payable by money order to Royal Thai Embassy.
Please note: Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason.